WAM Canada is an organization for men and women to advance and support women working in microfinance and enterprise development through the promotion of education, training and leadership opportunities, and by working to increase the visibility of global microfinance and enterprise development work amongst Canadians.
WAM Canada intends to conduct activities that are consistent with the following values:
- Advance the provision of microfinance and enterprise development services for the purposes of poverty reduction and female empowerment;
- Encourage and support women's leadership in the microfinance and enterprise development industries while respecting the importance of a work/life balance;
- Extend economic opportunities to women globally;
- Continue to raise gender issues with a collective voice;
- Connect the Canadian and International microfinance and enterprise development communities.
- Rewa Shankar Misra, Chair
- Adele Madonia, Vice-Chair
- Jennifer Singer, Vice-Chair
- Nicole Pasricha, Treasurer
- Sangita Patel, Secretary
- Alexandra Snelgrove, Secretary
Become a WAM Canada member and benefit from an association that is dedicated to advancing microfinance and enterprise development!
- Be part of an international network of professionals dedicated to advancing the status of women in the microfinance industry
- Stay connected to the Canadian microfinance and enterprise development community through events, seminars, and professional development opportunities
- Receive advanced notice and reduced entry fees to special WAM-sponsored events, such as workshops, seminars, and other development or networking opportunities.
- Share your work with your peers to help foster greater collaboration and public awareness about issues affecting access to finance and enterprise development internationally and in Canada
Annual dues for 2011 membership are: CAN$20.00
Please complete the attached membership form and return it by e-mail at
For more information about the benefits of joining WAM Canada, please contact us!